Monday, July 23, 2012

Zucchini season is upon us . . . . .

It is Zucchini season and I've allready been given lots and lots of it.  My family really likes it just cooked as a vegetable, so I have done this alot.  I just peel it, slice it and put in it a fry pan that I have sprayed with canola cooking spray, I sprinkle it with Nature's Seasoning Salt and just kind of fry it for a couple of minutes, then I put the lid on and let it steam.  They love it.  But my favorite way to eat Zucchinni is in chocolate.  I have tried a couple of recipes for Chocolate Zucchini Cake, but this is my favorite, Chocolate Zucchini Brownies, so try it and enjoy.

Chocolate Zucchini Brownies


1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups Zucchini(shredded)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts(optional)I don't use

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour 9 X 13 inch pan. I just line my pan with parchment.  In a large bowl mix together oil, sugar and vanilla until well blended.  Wisk together dry ingredients in another bowl, add to sugar mixture a little at a time.  Fold in Zucchini and nuts.  Batter will be dry and crumbly, don't worry, just spread mixture into pan.  Bake for 25-30 minutes, until brownies spring back when gently touched.  Remove from oven and allow to cool.

Chocolate Frosting

6 TBS cocoa powder
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups powder sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

In a small sauce pan over low heat, melt together cocoa powder and butter, set aside to cool.  In a bowl blend together sugar, milk, vanilla and cooled butter with cocoa powder, blend well and spread over cooled brownies.  Cut into squares and enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment