Friday, July 6, 2012

Some more inspiration from Mom . . . .

Over the July 4th holiday I spent time with my Mom, Dad and the rest of the gang in the July 4th celebration capital of the world, Fillmore, Utah!!!  There is nothing like the 4th in Fillmore, it is truely amazing!!!!  So fun to see all my family.(Shelby is now officially a cowgirl, with boots, hat and belt, oh yea and one of grandpas horses) There is also lots of wonderful food there at our family celebration.  Navajo Tacos for lunch, BBQ hamburgers, brats, and hot dogs for dinner and of course all the sides and salads.  But this recipe is for a casserole my mom made the first night I was there, it was so yummy and not too complicated.  As usual, I tweeked it a little bit to my taste.

Stroganoff Casserole

1 lb ground beef, browned with onion
4 to 5 large potatoes, boiled, skinned and cubed
1 can cream mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups shredded colby jack cheese(or whatever you prefer)

Spray medium sized casserole dish with cooking spray.  Mix browned ground beef and soup, simmer on low for about 10 minutes.  Add sour cream and mix well.  Then layer potatoes and meat mixture in casserole dish until gone. Top with cheese.  Cover with foil and cook at 350 for about 45 minutes or until bubbly.  Let sit for at least 5 minutes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment