Friday, July 6, 2012

Another Foundant Cake . . . you'd think I'd learn . . . .

My cute little neice Aly is getting married and asked me if I would make her wedding cake . . . I said, "Al, didn't you see in my blog where I said I wasn't going to do that again for a long time?"  She said, "Ya, I waited a few days to ask you."  So cute, anyway, I really wanted to do it for her, I used to babysit her when she was a baby and she is my oldest daughter Brooke's age, so she spent alot of time at our house when they were younger.


I decided that I better get practicing so I did a birthday cake for my girl friends granddaughter's first birthday.  It was going to be great, she wanted a lady bug theme, so I came up with a plan, you know how you always envision things so much better then they actually turn out?  Well thats what happened, it was soooo much better in my head then it actually turned out, although if you didn't look at the back side of the cake it was still pretty cute.  I think I rolled the black fondant too thin, it just started to slide on the buttercream and ripped, it got ugly, there were cuss words flying . . . .to make a long night and long story short, I had to bow out of the wedding cake project, I just wasn't sure I could make her the kind of cake she deserves.  But here is a picture of the good side of the Lady Bug cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment