Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wanted . . . . . . .Cookie Recipes!

I have been promising some of my friends and coworkers some of my cookie recipes, but I wanted to wait until I got my blog up and going so I could just save a step and type them up once.  So here are a couple really yummy cookie recipes.  The first one I usually make during the holidays when I have to take cookies to anything, they are so good.  The cookie base is my Grandmother Kimballs recipe for Peanut Blossoms. These cookies freeze really well if I have to make them ahead of time and unlike some of the cookie recipes that only taste really good the first day or two, these taste great for at least a week.  Don't be frightened off by the peanut butter if you really aren't a fan.  I don't like peanut butter at all just to eat on a sandwich or plain, but I love these cookies, so give them a chance.  Just a side note, this is kind of a small recipe, its perfect just for a fun snack for my family, but if you need alot of them to take somewhere just double the recipe.

Candy Bar Cookies

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup shortning(thats right, no butter)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 TBS water
1 tsp vanilla

1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt

1 bag minature candy bars, I use milky way or rolos, but have used snickers before too.
1 bag Hersey Hugs

Mix first seven ingredients together until smooth.  Then add the dry ingredients, mix well.  Shape into balls, press a candy bar into center and cover completely, remaking into a ball.  Place on cookie sheet covered with partchment.  Bake at 320 for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.  Well all cookies are baked, melt hugs in bowl in microwave, it usually doesn't take long.  Pour into plastic bag, slip the corner so that its just a big enough opening to pipe onto the cookies, drizzle.  I like alot on mine, but really just do what you like, like I say, make it yours!!!!!

Tip:  Whenever I need to melt chocolate to drizzle on anything, I always use hugs.  They have a combination of milk and white chocolate and they melt really well and when it hardens back up it isn't so hard that it breaks off when you try to eat it.  It is heavenly.


Mississippi Mud Bars

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/cup plus 2 TBS flour
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts/optional

Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9 inch square pan with foil; spray or grease foil.  Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl until smooth.  Beat in vanilla and egg until light.  Blend in baking soda, salt and flour, mixing until well blended.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.  Spread into prepared pan. Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until center feels firm.  Top will be lightly brown. Cool until chocolate is set.  Lift out of pan and cut into bars.

This is a really easy time saving recipe.  I make it alot if I don't have the time or energy to make batch after batch of cookies.  I usually do double the recipe, doubled it makes a 9 X 13 pan of bars.  Everyone always raves about them and wants the recipe.  They are very rich and chocolately. I don't usually add nuts, but I'm sure they are great with them for those that like nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment