Tuesday, April 3, 2012

One Great Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe . . . . . . . .

I decided this would be the first recipe I would put on my blog.  This recipe is really good, these cookies are really soft and chewy, I use lots of chocolate chips because I like alot of chocolate in every bite, so if you don't you can adjust this.  This recipe has both oats and coconut which is what gives them the chewy texture.  Some people really dislike coconut, I like it, but don't think you really taste it in these cookies, no one in my family likes it, but they never complain about it in this recipe because I don't think you can tell its there.  One other note, I find in cookies and most baked desserts, you really do have to use real butter.  I also use parchment when I bake cookies, it really keeps the cookies from getting too brown on the bottom before they are done on the top.  I don't bake my cookies with nuts unless I am making them for my dad, he loves raisins and nuts.  I have also made these cookies with craisins, they are terrific, but the kids don't like craisins.  I use milk chocolate chips, thats what I like, but you could use semi-sweet or even white, or a mixture of different kinds.  You could really just add anything you want, everyone likes different things.  Also everyone likes their cookies cooked different, I don't like mine too done, so just cook them the way you like them.  I like to use little gift bags and bag them up to give to friends and neighbors for birthdays or just because, it's so simple but they look great!!!!


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups brown sugar/packed
2 cups granulated sugar
1 lb real butter
4 eggs
3 cups oats
5 1/2 cups flour
2 cups coconut
2 tsp soda
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla/real
2 bags milk chocolate chips
2 cups chopped nuts/optional

Cream together sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients, mix well.  Mix in chocolate chips and nuts.  Bake @ 310 for about 14-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment